Wednesday 22 June 2011

Time Capsule - Bradford Business Park


Picture by Vicky Singleton.




This picture is a little more interesting than it first appears. The lady on the right is the Mayor of Bradford, Naveeda Ikram, the country's first female Muslim Lord Mayor. The children in the picture are from local schools and have brought along items which will be buried in a time capsule beneath this new building. The building itself is interesting as it is designed to have a low impact on the environment, will use straw bales in its construction and will also use geothermal energy from a borehole. At bottom left is Tony Holdich, CEO of Newlands Community Association which will own the building, top left is Andrew Mason, director of NCA and centre is Alan Roderick, site manager for Stainforth Construction. My daughter Vicky is a site engineer on this project and took the picture as I was unable to attend on the day.

2 comments:

  1. I think time capsule are such a fun idea! Our city just celebrated its 150th anniversary - I'm not sure what they put in the time capsule but I know they did one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try and make sure you get an invitation to the official opening to make out for missing the launch.
    Vicky can pass on your details next time I'm onsite.

    ReplyDelete