Tuesday 26 July 2011

National Youth Circuit Race Championships - Lister Park

Bradford's Lister Park hosted the National Youth Circuit Race Championships on Sunday. There were around three hundred and fifty young cyclists competing in events throughout the day. I was quite impressed with the professional approach these young, and in some cases very young riders had, there were one or two incidents where riders came off their machines, picked themselves up and carried on racing. I was also impressed with the local Army Cadets who gave up their time to act as stewards on the circuit. On a personal note, I found out that cycle races are quite difficult to photograph. The nice sharp pictures I took looked, well, nice and sharp, but totally lifeless. The pictures showing subject movement had a lot more life in them but looked, well, a bit blurry. On balance, I think I prefer the blurry ones, like the one above.

No comments:

Post a Comment