Thursday 4 August 2011

Northcliffe Park Meadow - Wild Flowers

I must have driven past the gates of Northcliffe Park hundreds, if not thousands of times over the years, I decided to pull over and take a stroll the other day. The entrance to the park is on the very busy and very noisy Bradford to Keighley main road, but once I had passed through the gates and followed the uphill pathway the traffic noise soon disappeared and within ten minutes I came to a large area of undulating meadowland with extensive views over the Aire valley. It was a very hazy day so I don't have a picture of the view, but I managed to take a few pictures of the wild flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely wild flowers!
    I've been to Bradford on Avon in Wiltshire.
    But your town is in Yorkshire, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. London Caller - Yes, my town is in Yorkshire. I think one of the main differences between Yorkshire and Wiltshire is that we drink beer with a head on it up here in the North! Seriously though, I have had many holidayss in the Cotswold area and would like to explore further South into Wiltshire.

    ReplyDelete